Friday, March 27, 2009

a letter to our children

The following is a copy of a gorgeous letter the kids received from Sheryl Noethe, the guest poet who worked with them during our unit:

Dear 2nd and 3rd Graders,

Thank you for the wonderful cards you made for me! I came home from work tired and your writing made me so happy! I felt wonderful! You are the nicest children I've ever met, and I have taught thousands of students. You are tops! I would love to return and do more poetry and sign language with you because you do such beautiful work! I love each of you very much and hope we will be friends forever! Here is a poem for you:

Shining faces like lanterns lit
the sleeping lions inside
the children wake
to the poetry
in their hearts.

Love,
Sheryl

8 comments:

  1. Jack,
    It's funny that you think your hair is like a trophy!
    Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Will,
    I LOVED your poem. I also think it is cool that you can fly an airplane.
    From Calvin & Sage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lily,
    I like your poem that you did in English class.




    By:Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ella, I LOVE all or your beautiful poems!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you write more. They are awesome!



    love,Dana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Garet, I think it is funny when in one of your poems you said "My brain is a piece of junk"

    -Eliana

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Ellie J.
    I love your Empathy poem. It had lots of nice things.


    Love:Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emiliano Ferguson,
    I loved your poem.It was awesome!I loved it.
    Love,Benjamin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Bruce,
    I loved your poem about creativity. It was so creative of you. It was so amazing. Meet me under the tree on the play ground after school so that if you want we can trade pokemon cards.
    From Joe
    Bye!

    ReplyDelete