Monday, March 16, 2009

Simile and Metaphor Physical Description Poems, Feeling/Color Poems

My hair is as brown as a tree.
My eyes are dark, curious holes underground.
I am fat like a rocket and
vicious like a bear.
My smile is big like the ocean.
My mind is full.
My heart is overflowing with love
like a colorful waterfall.

Love is green like the grass and also
like the vines in the trees or
blue like the big, big sky.
It soars through my body
like a fast eagle.
It reminds me of when my grandpa
used to swim with me.
It makes me feel blue
like the ocean below.

by Phoebe

My hair is as dark as a blackboard.
My eyes are light brown, like a
delicious chocolate bar.
I am tiny, intelligent and excited.
My hands hold happiness.
My words are giggles.
My smile warms my family and they
laugh out loud.
My heart is as red as a juicy strawberry.

Frustration is gray like a pale moon and also
like an old, scratchy scarf and
black like a rusty old anchor.
It stomps through my body
like a gray scratchy cloth.
It reminds me of the time I couldn't
catch a fish.
It makes me feel angry like
a pot sitting on a stove, boiling over.

by Gracie.

My hair is as shiny as a happy heart.
My eyes are shine and sparkle blue.
I am perfect and giggly.
My hands hold pouring gold.
My toes are as wiggly as they can be
in the quiet air.
My smile is as big as an elephant.

by Savannah

My hair is as tangly as a ball of string
stuck in a sewing machine.
My eyes are as light blue as a bowl of
delicious blueberries with white icing on top.
I am enthusiastic like a rushing waterfall.
I love to draw the moisturized rainforest
and the amazing animals that the rainforest holds.
My mind is as flowing
as a sparkling waterfall.

Anger is red like the ponderosa pines in the
redwood forest and also like
lightening that split the night in two or
black like a night with no moon.
It storms through my room
like a jaguar pouncing on its prey.
It reminds me of the time I was at the
fair and suddenly a storm broke out.
It makes me feel excited like
when I enter my living room for Christmas.

by Ella


My hair is as brown as tree bark.

My eyes are like diamonds without corners.
I am comfy, shining and excited.
I love to play baseball and play soccer.
My toes are as little as tiny sausages.
My heart is like red blood.
My smile lights up like a flashlight in the night.

Happiness is white like a fluffy bunny and
also like shaggy clouds.
It hops through my mind
like a big kangaroo.
It reminds me of the time I jumped farther than any other kids.
It makes me feel glorious like a slow sloth
taking my time.

by Otis

My hair is as microscopic as an elf.
My eyes are shining blue like the dazzling ocean.
I am shy, smart and self-conscious.
I love to read and listen to stories on tape.
My spirit is warm, nice and shy.
My mind is full of mysteries
and questions ready to be answered.
My words can be harsh, but also soft.

Truth is green like the radical rainforest and also
like splendid, deep seas.
It prances through my future like
glistening rain, falling to the ground.
It reminds me of the time nature was
soaked and the rain drizzled on the fresh soil.
It makes me feel twinkling like a
glimmering star lit up in the cool, night air.

by Abigail

My hair is as yellow as a smile.
My eyes are brown as an autumn tree.
I am misty, great and ecstatic.
I love soccer and gymnastics in the summer.
My smile is as big and funny -
it makes people laugh.
My personality shines like the sun and
blooms like roses and dandelions in the spring!

Thrill is orange like a juicy mango
squirting sticky juice and also like
sizzling soda about to explode or
yellow like daisies in spring on Easter.
It giggles through my mouth like
fresh water out of a waterfall.
It reminds me of the time I looked in
my soda and got it in my eye!
It makes me feel astonished like a bird
flying so high into another world.

by Georgia


My hair is as brown as a horses fur.
My eyes are really green, like beautiful green grass.
I am funny, happy and marvelous.
I love to play soccer and ride horses.
My heart is pink like a shining diamond.
My smile is as funny as a flower.
My words are intelligent and independent.

Love is turquoise like a little sea turtle
and also like the glittering big ocean
and blue like the glimmering sea.
It flies in the whistling, gentle wind
like a colorful, soaring bird.
It reminds me of the time I was playing outside.
It makes me feel funny like a fluttering,
beautiful butterfly!

By Bret

My hair is as brown as the front door
(but I wish it were purple like a clown).
My eyes are as blue as a bright ocean.
I am energetic as a jumping monkey
or a chimpanzee.
I love to play hockey, and I like to play goalie.
My toes are as smelly as howler monkeys
in a pile of horse manure.
My smile is as big as a fresh banana.

Jolly is purple like my big wiggly toe and
also like a purple balloon and red like a bright heart.
It zooms through my toes
like a kangaroo.
It reminds me of the time I saw a fluffy bunny.
It makes me feel happy like a lollipop.

By Justin

My hair is as dark as a cloud.
My eyes are brown and dark as the night.
I am colorful, crazy pieces.
I love to draw and dance.
My smile is a round banana.
My words are sometimes silly,
sometimes smart,
sometimes kind and different.
Sometimes I say, yakkety yak yak yak!

Wonderful is gray like a fluffy bunny
and also bunny playing the drum and
blue like the ocean.
It dreams through my room and my mind like
a happy bunny.
It reminds me of the time I saw my favorite bunny.
It makes me feel happy like a star shining.

by Sydney

My hair is as brown as a chocolate horse.
My eyes are brown as the skin of a little girl in Mexico.
My smile is as big as the world.
My heart is a red fireworks.
My mind explodes when I think like
tricky birthday candles.
My words are happy, always good and funny.
I am joyful, nervous and marvelous.

Happiness is pink like a floating balloon
and also like a flower blooming or
blue like the sky with no clouds.
It rushes through my school
like a cheetah running.
It reminds me of the time I went to the zoo
and I saw a cheetah.
It makes me feel excited like I
am the cheetah running for some food.

by Addison

My hair is as curly as springers.
My eyes are brown like tree bark.
I am happy, funny and bouncy joyful.
I love to play soccer and legos.
My smile is as curved as a skateboard ramp.
My mind is as big as a truck.

Happiness is yellow like the dazzling sun and
also like a smiling banana and
blue like the wavy ocean.
It rips through my room
like a speeding bullet.
It reminds me of the time I saw a white, fluffy bunny.
It makes me feel excited like a bouncing alligator.

by Llwyn

My hair is as bright as the sun.
My eyes are as caring as Mother Earth.
My hands hold a group of appreciative birds.
My smile is as gentle as a sunset.
My heart is beats like the rhythm of music.

by Lorraine

Peace is white like soft dancing snowflakes and also
fluffy polar bears and purple
like new, beautiful flowers.
It flies through my arm like
a magical bird.
It reminds me of the time when we found
a Christmas tree in Lolo.
It makes me feel free like a leaping deer.

by Mabel




No comments:

Post a Comment